From September to May the Fellowship Class is our Sunday morning faith development program for adults. Anyone college age and up is welcome to join us for a discussion based on scripture, books, current events or other relevant topics. The class meets in the adult classroom in the Ransom Fellowship Hall behind the sanctuary. We meet from 9:45-10:45 a.m., before worship. The content of the class varies throughout the year.
Please join us. Guests are always welcome! Adult Class Schedule Fall 2019-Spring 2020
Some of the books & topics we have discussed recently include:
- Learning to Walk in the Dark, by Barbara Brown Taylor
- No god but God, by Reza Aslan
- Zealot, by Reza Aslan
- The Last Week, by Marcus Borg & John Crossan
- Various video presentations from Living the Questions.
- Waking Up White: And Finding Myself In the Story of Race, by Debby Irving
- Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption, by Bryan Stevenson
- The Book of Joy: Lasting Happiness in a Changing World, by Desmond Tutu and the Dalai Lama
- Encountering the Divine: How to experience love in the midst of all this hate (Spiritual practices)
- The Ridiculous Journey of Following the Nobody from Nowhere (Video Lenten Series)
- To Stand Again: Practices for the Resurrected Life (Video series)
- Creation Care Alliance of Western NC
- Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis, by J. D. Vance