The Warren Wilson Presbyterian Church is searching for a part-time Associate in Ministry to help enrich our congregational life and deepen our spiritual nurture. We are a progressive-leaning congregation with a rich history and a storied past. We have recently completed a comprehensive ministry plan that charts our path forward to what we believe will be a bright, hopeful and vibrant future. We are now looking for a talented and energetic associate who can join our staff and help us live into that future.
With the support and oversight of the Pastor, coordinates Christian Education offerings for all members, young and old, which are relevant, accessible and nourishing.
• Serves as staff liaison to our Faith Development and Spiritual Nurture Leadership Team
• Supports and guides team members in identifying and/or developing curriculum materials for children, youth and adults
• Shares teaching duties with Pastor and lay-level members
• Supports and guides team members in preparing and training teachers
• Hires and supervises nursery staff
• Coordinates confirmation classes as needed
• Coordinates annual Christmas pageant and other worship involvement with children
• Works with relevant ministry team to implement Child Protection Policy
Builds stronger relationships within the church community through programs and activities focused on fellowship and service.
• Serves as staff liaison to our Congregational Life Leadership Team
• Coordinates Just for Fun and other intergenerational fellowship programs and activities
• Assists with and supports congregational events, such as memorial service receptions and church-wide pot lucks
Worship and Pastoral
With other church staff, participates in weekly worship planning, provides regular worship leadership and preaches periodically.
• Participates in the administration of the sacraments
• Participates in other liturgical occasions such as holy week and memorial services
• With Pastor and Director of Music, attends monthly meetings of the Worship Planning
Ministry Team and periodic meetings of the Liturgical Arts Action Team
• Serves as Pastor-in-charge when Pastor is away
• Master of Divinity degree
• Must be ordained or have completed all ordination requirements
• Must support the Identity, Mission, Vision and Values of the Warren Wilson Presbyterian Church, as delineated in our Ministry Plan
Leadership Competencies and Personal Qualities:
• Spiritual Maturity
• Energetic and friendly
• Effective communicator
• Skilled teacher
• Effective preacher and experienced worship leader
• Organizational Ability
• 16 hours per week
Please send resumes (PDF format preferred) to the attention of Corise Gambrell at email@example.com.
For detailed information on our Ministry Plan, CLICK HERE